top of page
  • PICC

Filing a Property Wind Damage Insurance Claim after Hurricane IAN

If your property was damaged by high winds during Hurricane IAN, you may be eligible to file an insurance claim. The first step is to contact a private public adjuster and let them know that you will be filing a claim.

Hurricane IAN was one of the most damaging storms in recent memory, and many people are still struggling to recover. If you were one of the unlucky ones whose property was caught in the path of the hurricane, you may be wondering what your next steps are.

One of the first things you need to do is file an insurance claim. This can be a tricky and time-consuming process, but we're here to help. Read on for a step-by-step guide to filing a property wind damage insurance claim after Hurricane IAN.

The First Step: Contact a Private Public Adjuster in Florida

The first thing you need to do after your property has been damaged by high winds is reach out to a Private Public Adjuster, like People's Insurance Claim Center. They will then assign an adjuster to your case, who will contact you to schedule an inspection. The inspection is necessary in order for the adjuster to assess the damage and determine how much money you are eligible to receive.

You should also begin compiling a list of any repairs or replacement costs that you incur as a result of the hurricane damage. Be sure to keep all receipts and documentation as proof of these expenses. Your insurance company will likely reimburse you for these costs once your claim has been approved.

The Second Step: Collect Documentation and Evidence

In order for your insurance claim to be approved, you will need to provide documentation and evidence of the damages sustained by your property. This can include photographs, repair estimates, receipts for expenses related to repairs or replacements, and more. The more evidence you have, the better chance you have of getting your claim approved quickly.

If possible, it's also a good idea to get written statements from witnesses who can attest to the extent of the damage caused by the high winds. This can be helpful in proving your case if there is any disagreement about the amount of damage sustained.

The Third Step: Submit Your Claim and Wait for Approval

Once you have gathered all the necessary documentation, it's time to submit your insurance claim form. You can usually do this online or over the phone with your insurance company. Once they have received your claim, they will review it and determine whether it is eligible for reimbursement.

It can take weeks or even months for an insurance claim to be approved, so it's important to be patient during this process. In some cases, insurers may request additional information or evidence before making a decision on a claim. If this happens in your case, be sure to provide whatever they ask for as soon as possible so that there is no delay in getting your claim approved.

People's Insurance Claim Center, Public Adjusters in Florida

With over 30 years of experience, People’s Insurance Claim Center has gained an outstanding reputation as the largest-growing firm in Florida.

PICC works with more than 300 insurance companies, both large and small.

We are an active member of the Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (FAPIA). PICC has also been an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau since May 2009, with an A+ rating.

Throughout the years, we have settled more than 60,000 claims for our clients, which has led to 22 awards of excellence.

For those reasons, you can confidently place your trust in our insurance adjusters.

Book your FREE Consultation at or call us at (305) 956-3666 OPEN 24 HOURS – 7 DAYS A WEEK! To get started. We look forward to helping you get back on your feet after a disaster!

If your property was damaged by high winds during Hurricane IAN, don't despair—you may be eligible for compensation from your insurance company. The claims process can be daunting, but we're here to help guide you through it every step of the way. Just follow the advice above, and you'll be on your way to getting the money you need to repair or replace damaged property.


bottom of page